I have been off the site for a week or so, and thought I'd post some thoughts in one spot here.
1. The Colts need Bob Sanders down the stretch. I think our regression in run defense this week proved that. It is reminiscent of '06, in that the Zombie is proving to be the man in his abscence as well as in his presence. Bullitt, whom I like a lot, is showing a knack for the big play that everyone will see on sportscenter wih his picks. However, watching the game a second time left me believing he misses the routine assignments enough to counter the enthusiasm. He is a very good player, and one that I hope we will keep around for quality depth. But he isn't Bob.
2. I heard the debate last week on tv about who is better, Sanders or Polamalu. I would go with Polamalu for this season. He came on strong a couple of years back, but injuries have hampered his playing time and effectiveness the past couple seasons. Meanwhile the Brains Eater had one of his healthiest seasons last year and rightfully earned DPOY. This year, durability has been more on Polamalu's side than Bob's, and Troy is playing like a beast. In every facet. I think health will always be a key factor in their year by year comparisons.
3. Fun thought. Having Sanders and Polamalu both playing safety for the Colts.
4. I see we have some new posters around here while I have been out. That is normal, as this blog is a growing success story with excellent leadership. I must say, though, that we keep getting that occasional newbie that seems suspiciously like a troll in sheep's clothing....
5. Peytonsthebest, I forgot not to wear my #18 jersey the past couple of games (I did take it off late in the Steelers game though, but I wore it the entire Texans game). And we won still, so I guess our experiment (and my failure to properly execute) proves that I am not the x-factor. My wardrobe does not have the power of luck after all, I guess. This means that it is entirely on you to keep the vibes going right. The team is counting on you, now that we know where the secret lies. Please don't let us down. If we win the super bowl, everyone at Stampede Blue will have to pitch together to get you a certificate to the restaurant of your choice. I'm certain that I speak for everyone here when I say that. The question is, where is the place to go there in California?
6. Thanksgiving Day. Potentially a game between a team without a loss versus a team without a win. Very boring.
7. The primetime games have been very good contests the past few weeks, with the exception of the presidential bowl on November 3rd. Even SF and ARI was a thriller. I wonder if this Thursday we will see the trend continue...