Here are the notes that I jotted down while listening to the Bill Polian show last night. Feel free to comment about Bill's thoughts:
- Nothing lost yet
- Worst night since Patriots playoff loss in '03 - mentions that it was same ref
- First drive should have been Peyton in third preseason game
- Made alot of plays down the stretch
- Special Teams best performance so far
- We finished the game when I watch the tape
- Only 50 offensive plays
- Lots of bright spots
- We have time to shore up issues(just a couple of things)
- Lost four key players on defense
- No QP, EJ, TH, BS - no fault of team
- Ad Hoc replacement
- Liked Melvin's performance
- Liked LaJuan Ramsey
- Dan Muir, 315 lbs, ready to step in
- NO PEOPLE FIT OUR SCHEME that are available(or are old or injury-prone)
- "This is a marathon, not a sprint"
Caller asks how we fix the defense until our players come back
- Getting run on is not fun, but it's points that matter
- TOP mattered for this game because D got wore down
- No need to speak about the refs
Caller asks about the end of game time management
- Sometimes you have to go against strategy and manage the clock more than you would normally like to get points
- We finished the game, but it broke for them at the end
Caller rambles on breathes really loud says something about defense and Marvin
- Bill won't talk about interception cause its a family show
- Not worried about Marvin
- Media is for the fans, not the professionals
Caller asks about ref calls and no challenge in last two minutes
- League didn't want "eye in the sky" to interfere with the flow of the game
- But Al Davis(calls him great football man) says that if coach is out of challenges, needs a way to challenge in the last two minutes
- DPI not challengeable call
Caller liked the 4 and 2 conversion to Marvin, but says that he that R. Mathis made a great play at first, but then looked back at it and saw the foul.
Asks Bill to talk about the lack of pass rush against JAX. He thinks Melvin had trouble tackling. Comments on our rush defense philosophy.
- Missed Tackles: We had 7 missed tackles. Majority in late 3rd and 4th Q when we were tired.
- Pass Rush: We had no pass rush. Couldn't rest starters, so they got beat up. Freeney did good on last drive, and there were at least a couple missed holding calls.
Caller asks about Dallas "head shot", and about officiating
- Dallas is fine, the hit was not finable
- College game is not in the same neighborhood as the NFL, so the NFL should have its own officiating system.
- Bill doesn't trust "eye in the sky" officials
- This is an important week
- No pads this week, weekend off
- Get new guys into the system