Trade deadline is about six hours away. Bill Polian says "NO!" to any possibility of a trade. Um, yeah. He kind of says that every year, and for two of the last three years, the Colts have made a significant trade just prior to the deadline.
That said, here be the linkage:
- One more time folks- The Colts let Ed Johnson go because he is fat and lazy. This time, Bill Polian himself confirms it (via John Oehser). Ed was confronted twice from Week One to Week Five about his lack of effort and his weight. He didn't improve both, and the defensive coaches asked for a change. They got it. Ed was cut.
- OK, time to man up and admit we were wrong; the Denver Broncos are indeed for real. They are 6-0 and, barring a collapse of epic proportions, they will make the playoffs by winning their division. Josh McDaniels was very smart to hire Mike Nolan has his defensive coordinator. Other than the Colts, the Broncos are the best team in the AFC right now.
- 18to88 is annoyed with Bob Kravitz again. We could create an entire blog devoted to how much Bob annoys people with his shotty reporting, bad writing, and back-handed complimenets to a team he clearly do not like covering. But, after about two days, the blog would get boring.
- Turf Show Times gives us an update on Rams injuries.
- Colts kick coverage is very much improved thanks to Pat McAfee's leg and Russ Purnell's absence.
- Paul Kuharsky, AFC South blogger and all-around good guy, is now a dad. We trust Paul will raise his son to love and root for the Colts even though Paul makes his home in Nashville. We also hope Paul did not subject his son to the horror show the Titans put on against the Patriots last weekend.
- Lounging Pass ranks the QBs, with Big P on top.
- The Chiefs traded Tank Tyler to the Panthers, effectively ended any speculation that Gelnn dorsey will get traded.