I used to like Whitlock's writing, but good God, look at this from his Weekly NFL Truths column:
Ignoring current records, here are the top teams:
1. Vikings: Brett Favre should be the league's MVP, and Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen will deliver Favre to the Super Bowl.
2. Bengals: Swept the Steelers and the Ravens. What more can a team do to prove their Super Bowl worthiness?
3. Patriots: Indy embarrassment is probably exactly what Belichick and the Patriots need to regain their focus.
4. Eagles: Philly will back into the playoffs, advance to the NFC Championship and then it all just depends on whether Andy Reid screws it up with bad strategy.
5. Saints: Mark it down, New Orleans is going to lose three of four during their Patriots-Redskins-Falcons-Cowboys stretch.
6. Steelers: Never count out Big Ben in the playoffs. His ability to stay alive in the pocket keeps Pittsburgh in games.
7. Colts: The wheels come off this week in Baltimore.
8. Ravens: I haven't given up on Ray-ven Lewis. As DeAngelo told us in season 1, da king stay da king.
This is ludicrously insane
I love his "What more can a team do to prove their Super Bowl worthiness?" line. I don't know, Jason. Maybe win all their games, period?