The free agent market's Viagra is kicking in. Here are the results:
Annoyingly, Fred Taylor signs with the Patriots. This likely means Laurence Maroney will get kicked to the curb.According to Peter Prisco, Fred Taylor has NOT signed with the Patriots. Laurence Maroney still sucks though.
- Pats also got former-Jets TE Chris Baker.
- The NY Jets inked Bart Scott.
- Patriots WR Jabar Gaffney is likely heading to Denver to join his former offensive coordinator, Josh McDaniels.
- Speaking of Broncos, they are also looking to sign J.J. Arrington.
- Ray Lewis likely not returning to Baltimore. Wow. Harrison gone from Indy. Brooks gone from Tampa Bay. Now, Lewis gone from Baltimore.
Chirp away with updates in the comments.
- Marvin might be heading to Miami.
- Very good article by mgrex03.
- Freddie Keiaho's career in Indy likely over. Look for Clint Session to start at WILL next year with Wheeler moving to SAM.
- Kellen Winslow traded to Tampa Bay for undisclosed draft picks.
- Dominique Foxworth signs with Ravens.
- From the comments:
Redskins cut ties with CB-Shawn Springs
The Houston Chronicle has reported that the Vikings have traded a 4th round pick to the Texans for QB Sage Rosenfelds and given him to a 2-year deal worth 9 mill. Which means the Texans may be screwed if Schab gets hurt again.
TJ Housmanzedeah is scheduled to visit the Seahawks on Friday.
- Patriots are trading LBer Mike Vrabel to Chiefs.
- Broncos also got Correll Buckhalter, and are meeting with Brian Dawkins. Can we start calling them Eagles West?
- Eagles inked OT Stacy Andrews.
- The Titans have re-signed Kerry Collins. Vince Young's career all but over in Tennessee.
- Maurice Morris a Lion.
- Brian Dawkins is now officially a Bronco. Eagles defense is now officially done. Dawkins was the heart and soul of that defense.
BIG DEAL apparently going down between Patriots and Chiefs:
Sources out of New England, have it pegged that’s there’s a "major announcement" involving this KC-NE trade coming at 6 pm EST tonight. Does the deal include quarterback Matt Cassel going to KC along with Vrabel? KC sending a player and possibly draft picks as part of the package? Or is it just the media having fun and messing with the minds of NFL fans?