I, myself, am a very superstitious person. Perhaps, even to a fault. For example - I have listened to the same five songs (the Beatles - I've Just Seen a Face; the Shins - Caring is Creepy; the Decemberists - I was Meant for the Stage; Ted Nugent - Free-for-all; and the Animals - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood) and worn the same pair of jeans, flippy floppies, and red Indiana Hoosiers jacket during every law school exam, even when the weather outside is frightful! What can I say - I am weird like that ;)
I have my own ritual for Colts games, too. My parents have season tickets, and when I am unlucky enough to not be given the tickets to a game, I do the same thing every single Sunday.
Here's what yours truly does --> I:
(1) go home to my parents place to watch the game on the big HDTV;
(2) sit in the same position on the same couch;
(3) strategically set up my laptop to use Yahoo! Sports for stat-update purposes (what is this strategic position, you ask? My lap. It IS a LAPtop after all..)
(4) I wear my grey SigEp sweats and my Jeff Saturday jersey over the same blue Colts hoodie; and
(5) eat the same delicious, home-made pizza no more than thirty minutes before kick-off.
I have done this every home game this season, and we have won them all. Wait, scratch that - I did not do this during the Week 16 Jets game. Why? Because I was there for the game, so I could not go through my routine. We lost. I am so sorry! I won't be there this weekend, however, so I think we should all feel pretty confident!
Anyways - Now you all know how strange I am on Colts gamedays. What about you all? What are some of your gameday superstitions and/or rituals? The stranger, the better!