It's been a tough bye week so far, and it's only Thursday. To briefly recap: P Pat McAfee has been suspended for one game following a public intoxication arrest, TE Dallas Clark is out indefinitely and possibly for the year, RB Joseph Addai is out for at least a handful of weeks, WR Austin Collie may be sidelined a few weeks as well and perhaps worst of all, there will be no new episode of AMC's 'Mad Men' this Sunday, as the fourth season finished last week.
I'll have a pretty solid case of the bye week blues by the time Sunday and the ensuing Tom Brady-Philip Rivers lovefest rolls around, but until then, here's a few links to get you through the week...
FROM THE SADDLE
Official Team News
- John Oehser (Special to Colts.com)
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES
Positive and Negative Analysis
- Paul Kuharsky (ESPN)
Phillip B. Wilson (Indy Star)
- Phil B. shares his perspective on the state of the Colts and their current affairs during the bye week.
- RB Joseph Addai assures Phil B. that his shoulder injury is "just the nerve." (Editor's note: because partial paralysis is just a thing you know; Addai is a far tougher man than I could ever aspire to be, hopefully not at a long-term cost to his health.)
- Is McAfee's "drunk diving" arrest indicative of a lack of control on head coach Jim Caldwell's part?
Mike Chappell (Indy Star)
- If the Colts don't turn to practice squad KR Brandon James for return duties, it's likely because they do not trust his ability to secure the ball
- John Oesher (Indy Football Report)
- Laura Calaway (Coltzilla)
- Nate Dunlevy (18to88)
OUTSIDE THE STABLE
Around the League
- Jim Wyatt (The Tennessean) reports that the Titans will monitor QB Vince Young as the week progresses, though his playing chances on Sunday do not look good.
- John McClain (The Houston Chronicle) writes that the Texans' defense has been so bad that it is spoiling the team's winning record.
- Vito Stellino (The Florida Times-Union) claims that injuries to QB David Garrard and QB Trent Edwards may force QB Todd Bouman into a starting role this Sunday. (Editor's note: Good luck with that.)
- Paul Kuharsky offers a bye week report of the Houston Texans.