Once again this year, even though the Colts are playing so we don't need any extra incentive to watch the game, I've set up a contest to pick all the crazy Prop Bets you can make on the Super Bowl. Last season, out of 49 entries, we only had 3 people that would have actually won money. We're all bad gamblers here, and I don't expect many more to do it this year either (subtle challenge there). Here's the rundown on the rules:
- There are 23 different bets, and you are given $100 for each bet. There is no way (in Google Docs at least) to actually put how much you want to bet for each one, so to make it easy, it is $100 each.
- You are not required to make a bet on each one. If you don't bet, you'll just keep your $100 for that one.
- A 4/1 bet would pay out as $500, as you'll get your original $100 back, as well as the $400 you earned from the bet. A 10/1 bet would pay out $1100.
- If you see something like (-150) next to the bet, that means you'd have to bet $150 to win $100, so the payout would be: original bet ($100) + 100/150 ~ $66.67 = $166.67.
- If you see something like (+150) next to the bet, that means you'd win $150 on a $100 bet. The payout for this would be: original bet ($100) + $150 = $250.
Let me know if you have any further questions. Contest ends at 6:00 ET Sunday, as I'm not positive when the coin toss will be exactly. I'm really disappointed the line for the team winning the Coin Toss wasn't favored one way or another, seeing the recent history of it...