Welcome to my first foray into posting Luke Links! My plan is to post these twice a week, probably Tuesdays and Thursdays. Following an idea I picked up from Pats Pulpit (many thanks to Marima for her assistance), I will post links in three categories - those coming from official team releases, those coming from other sources and that praise or rip on our team, and a few covering news from other teams (at least 1 from each of the other AFC South teams).
During the pre-season, regular season, and - hopefully - the playoffs, I will include a fourth section with links to views from the upcoming opponent and their beat writers.
This first post has a few older links in it, just to catch up on news while we made the transition. Please feel free to email me with any requests or recommendations.
FROM THE SADDLE
Official Team News
- Gary Brackett reminds us that the Colts have unfinished business
- Bill Polian thinks Jerraud Powers should have been Rookie of the Year
- J.D. Skolnitsky was claimed off waivers in the Colts' first move of the free agency period
- Andy Alleman is the first of 2 signings aimed at getting bigger on the O-Line
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES
Positive and Negative Analysis
- Mike Chappellanswers fans' questions and promises to keep his roster Primer updated
- John Oehser continues his 2010 offseason primer, methodically covering the Colts' current state and potential moves with respect to the quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, offensive tackles, offensive guards, centers and defensive ends
- John Dudley is angry that, despite his extreme generosity, Bob Sanders wouldn't share details
- Aaron Wilson summarizes the concerns and hopes associated with the signing of Adam Terry
- Bill Simmons can't help himself - he thinks Bill Polian is smart and nice
- Paul Kuharsky gives us reason to strongly dislike Hank Butterfingers Baskett
- Tom Santi and Tyjuan Hagler hope to return from injury, and I hope they rejoin the squad
- Pierre Garçon was invited to the White House to meet with Presidents Obama and Garcia regarding ongoing support for Haitian earthquake victims
OUTSIDE THE STABLE
Around the League
- Mike Wilkening thinks the Texans are no longer long shots to make it to the Super Bowl
- Vito Stellino reveals that David Garrard may be dialing Peyton's digits
- Paul Kuharsky thinks the Titans are headed in the right direction with their plan at Corner
- Aaron Wilson The AFC South is well-represented on the NFLPA Executive Committee, with Kevin Mawae re-elected as president, and Jeff Saturday remaining on the committee
- Karen Guregian (Boston Herald) reports that Wes Welker is also suffering from a torn rotator cuff
- Judy Battista (New York Times) LaDanian Tomlinson went back to where the weather is SWEET! to ponder his options, and has since chosen the J-E-T-S.
- Don Banks (SI) How free agency has affected the draft.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Help still out there -- for a price.