I hope everyone who celebrated it enjoyed St. Patrick's Day, with plenty of corned beef, cabbage and Erin Go Bragh. I suspect that with her countrymen's penchant for wearing orange, gizzardfanny may not have been as into the holiday, but at least she could enjoy the beer!
FROM THE SADDLE
Official Team News
- The Colts divert our attention from Lilja's release to focus on Saturday's and DeVan's contributions
- The team announces what we already knew about Adam Terry
- Jim Irsay talks about the re-signing of Gary Brackett
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES
Positive and Negative Analysis
- John Oehser reminds us that it takes time for DTs to develop in the league and to watch for Moala and King
- Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) Colts push for bigger OL underway
- John Oehser cautions us against predicting what the Colts will do next
- Joseph Person (The State, South Carolina's Homepage) reveals that former Colts coach Tony Dungy is continuing his dedication to prison ministry
- John Oesher reviews the Colts' above-average linebacking corps
OUTSIDE THE STABLE
Around the League
- Titans' franchise stalwart and TE Bo Scaife signed his one-year tender. Just in case you were wondering, former Cal TE Craig Stevens backs him up.
- Chase Stewart (New York Times) thinks the Jaguars have done the best at acquiring value through the draft
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) expects the Texans to use one of their first two picks on a RB. My note: given where they pick, it seems unlikely that they will snag Cal standout RB Jahvid Best.
- JaMarcus Russell is vying for Dan Marino's nickname, "Skinny"
- Tim Tebow is invited to attend the NFL Draft, perhaps as an additional revenue source at the event
- John Czarnecki (Fox) believes the restricted free agent market will heat up soon. Of note in this article: approximately 10 restricted free agents (of more than 220) have signed their tenders.