With my team being Cal, I generally have nothing to cheer about in March, anyway. This year I at least got to see my boys get to the Tourney and make it through the first round before being crushed by Dook. I don't even hate Duke as I learned many of you do, but (at least for the next round) I am now a full-fledged Purdue fan and hope the Boilermakers can do what my Golden Bears could not.
Meanwhile, in the NFL world...
FROM THE SADDLE
Official Team News
- The Colts have officially hired Ron Turner and and Ron Prince
- Jim Irsay is proud of our 2009 season and looks forward to 2010
- He also hints that the Colts will be looking to draft players who can bolster the trenches
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES
Positive and Negative Analysis
- Nate Dunlevy (the artist formerly known as Deshawn Zombie) does a retrospective on his former nickname-sake
- John Oehser looks at the Cornerback position
- Albert Breer (Boston.com) seems skeptical of Polian's support for the OT rule change
- Derek (12th Horseman) suggests we think twice about our "classier than thou" position now that Cooter has been promoted
OUTSIDE THE STABLE
Around the League
- Aaron Wilson (National Football Post) The Titans have signed RFA Jason Babin from the Eagles
- Jags' owner Wayne Weaver back-pedals from his comments showing interest in Tebow
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) The Texans might be next on HBO's Hard Knocks
- Chris Mortensen (ESPN) Players like Wes Welker can no longer use the umps to set picks for them
Peter King (SI) Outgoing VP of Officiating Mike Pereira wants a team to hire him to manage down penalties and get help throwing the challenge flag. Note to Mr. Polian: for this latter reason alone, HIRE THIS MAN!