This edition of Luke Links is a half-day late (but hopefully not a dollar short), because - as the title implies - sometimes, life gets in the way. Please accept my apologies, and enjoy the links!
FROM THE SADDLE
Official Team News
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES
Positive and Negative Analysis
- Phillip B. Wilson (Indy Star) Fisher is ready to help out the return game
- USA Today reviews the Colts' draft
- John Oehser (Indy Football Report) will not grade the draft, deliberately. Polian doesn't care about grades, anyway.
- Bob Kravits (Indy Star) on the other hand, does care about grading
- Mike Chappell (Indy Star) bets on Foster over Dawson, and is unsure why Bethea hasn't signed yet
- Joe Fortenbaugh (National Football Post) The Colts are odds-on favorites to win Super Bowl XLV.
- Associated Press Polian went BIG in Saturday's draft
- Nate Dunlevy (18to88.com) breaks down what we can realistically expect from Jerry Hughes, Pat Angerer and Kevin Thomas; he then posts a different view of Thomas
OUTSIDE THE STABLE
Around the League
- Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) Contrary to experts lambasting the Jaguars for their trade up to get former Cal DE Tyson Alualu at #10, it seems they received complimentary phone calls from other teams
- Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) picks apart the AFC South's picks
- Jerome Solomon (Houston Chronicle) The Texans draft rated high amongst analysts, but Paul Kuharsky expresses doubt that the Texans can knock off Indy
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk.com) had a really convoluted theory about why the Jaguars selected Alualu instead of trading down
- Jim Wyatt (The Tennessean) Chris Johnson wants to be the highest paid offensive player in the NFL. Editor's commentary: Or is that the most offensive highly-paid player?