Ok so I didn't have a really good title for today's links, but as I get older, I suffer more and more from allergies... this weekend I was only able to take my dog for a short walk before I had to turn back with puffy eyes, little bumps and a stuffed up nose. What's up with that? Oh well... guess I have to stay in and compile links for y'all.
FROM THE SADDLE
Official Team News
John Oehser (Colts.com) Tim Hiller is excited about the opportunity to compete for a roster spot, as is Brett Swenson. Brandon King will also get a chance. As will David Caldwell (anyone notice a pattern?).
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES
Positive and Negative Analysis
- John Oehser (Indy Football Report) takes a pre-OTA look at the defensive tackles, linebackers,cornerbacks,
Brett Mock (Coltzilla) analyzes the Colts' tendencies in 2009, continues his Summer Showdown series with Sanders v. Bullitt, predicts whether the Colts' offense will be better in 2010, followed by an analysis of the 2010 defense.
Nate Dunlevy (18to88.com) responds to readers' questions.
- Phil Richards (Indy Star) profiles Clyde Christensen's rise through the ranks
- Mike Chappell (Indy Star) aanswers readers' questions about Blaire White and Adam Vinatieri
- Jesse Nocon (18to88.com) analyzes why he believes the Colts didn't select an LT in this year's draft
- USA Today updates the Colts team report
- Vinnie Iver (Sporting News) turns a benign comment musing about whether Gonzo and Sanders will be ready for camp into a declaration that they won't. Sigh.
OUTSIDE THE STABLE
Around the League
- John Glennon (The Tennessean) Guess why I linked to this story about the Titans
Dan Scanlan (The Florida Times-Union) In a pep talk to high school seniors, Jaguars' coach Jack Del Rio reveals that he took 10 classes in a single semester so he could finish his degree. (Editor's note: I love this type of story - seeing coaches and players out in the community really trying to make a difference. In situations as these, I believe we are not rivals.)
- John McClain (Houston Chronicle) Contract re-negotiation: Andre Johnson may not be doing it right
Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) offers a meandering analysis of runs for no gain amongst AFC South RBs
- Bob Kravitz (Indy Star) compares the NFL rookies of yore to those of today (Editor's note: apologies for the late link... I hadn't realized they moved Kravitz' column. Also, I included this link down here because his story wasn't about just the Colts.)
- Ross Tucker (SI.com) In the aftermath of the Texans' Cushing scandal, Tucker takes an acerbic look at what we have learned
- Jeff Pearlman (SI.com) doesn't like the idea of a cold-weather Super Bowl
- Peter King (SI.com) I don't even know what to say