This week's Luke Links could also have the sub-title "Global warming is a myth." I live in warm, sunny California, where the rain is required to stop by mid-March at the latest, and not resume until November at the absolute earliest. In the meantime, it is supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny, with enough humidity to keep the skin healthy but not sticky (say... 30%). Apparently the weather gods have (a) not received my exorbitant tax check for the privilege of living in the state, and (b) not watched L.A. Story recently. We have had rain at least once - sometimes TWICE - a week for the past 2 months, AND it has not been warm enough to lounge outside when sunny!
Ok, enough of my whining... here are some links:
FROM THE SADDLE
Official Team News
John Oehser (Colts.com)
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES
Positive and Negative Analysis
- John Oehser (Indy Football Report) examines the Colts' depth at corner and doesn't think Mathis' situation will have a significant negative impact
- Brett Mock (Coltzilla)
18to88.com has focused on the other footballl the last couple of days
Mike Chappell (Indy Star) uses a misleading headline to make you think the free agent market is closed to the Colts indefinitely, then reveals that it will re-open beginning July 24. He also talks about Mathis' staying away from OTAs, and answers readers' questions.
- Paul Kuharsky (ESPN)
- Brooks Busch (ColtsChatter.com)
OUTSIDE THE STABLE
Around the League
- Jordan Godwin (Houston Chronicle) Rules of football: the Texans' Arian Foster is doing it wrong!
- Vito Stellino (Florida Times-Union) I can only hope that BBS was right in his assessment of the Jaguars' trade for Justin Smiley, but somehow I suspect it will turn out to be a great acquisition
Jim Wyatt (The Tennessean) Titans coach Jeff Fisher isn't happy with Chris Johnsons' absence
- Vic Carucci and Sam Wyche (NFL.com) go head-to-head on the cold weather Super Bowl