So I've been doing Luke Links now for 3 months, and even though my probationary period isn't over, I'm taking some unpaid vacation leave. Whereas most people would do something like spend a week at the beach, or do some hiking in the mountains, my husband and I are going on a road trip. We did one in 2006 where we drove 6500 miles in a counter-clockwise route around the Western half of the U.S. (check out my Facebook albums for highlights). This year, we're driving 6500 miles on an out-and-back trip to Alaska.
"Crazy!" you say. Well yes, but one of the coolest parts is just seeing the land unfold in front of us. We have long been able to tolerate extended periods of time together, so this is a great way to relax. I'll definitely be taking tons of pictures (many from the car, but that's worked out ok so far), and hope to share some along the way if we get cheap internet access.
In the meantime, I'm sure you'll be in good hands with BBS or whomever he designates to collate links while I'm gone. "See" you again by July 8th (perhaps earlier).
FROM THE SADDLE
Official Team News
John Oehser (Colts.com) takes a look at the Quarterbacks, Running Backs, and Tight Ends on the team as the Colts prepare for training camp
- Craig Hammel (Colts PR) The work doesn't stop just because OTAs are over
- Colts Public Relations announce this year's Training Camp schedule
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES
Positive and Negative Analysis
- John Oehser (Indy Football Report)
- Jesse Nocon (18to88.com) tries his hand at a 2011 mock draft (Warning: you won't like who is projected to pick at #32, but I can't argue with the player who will be picked #1 overall)
Nate Dunlevy (18to88.com) announces his book's new release date - congratulations!
- Luke Dunlevy (18to88.com) urges you to get some fro-yo and Colts gear
- Brett Mock (Coltzilla)
- Khaled Elsayed (Pro Football Focus) thinks Freeney is tops as a pass rusher
- FOXSports likes Downtown Donald Brown as a fantasy sleeper this year
- Dallas Morning News thinks you can pencil in a Colts-Cowboys Super Bowl
- Adam Schein (FOXSports) ranks the Colts' organization #2 overall
OUTSIDE THE STABLE
Around the League
Alex Marvez (FOXSports) considers whether the Titans can ever count on Vince Young
- Jordan Godwin (Houston Chronicle) looks at open questions remaining for the Texans as they break mini-camp
- Vito Stellino (Florida Times-Union) Jaguars' QB David Garrard is a bit more serious about his job than Vince Young
- Jason Cole (Yahoo! Sports) The NFLPA will be watching the development of Manning's and Brady's contracts veeeeery closely
- Associated Press There is growing momentum toward an 18-game regular season