While LovinBlue is on her summer jaunt through Alaska (so... very... jealous) I'm stuck here, filling in for her with the weekly Luke Links.
We're roughly 5-6 weeks away from training camp in Anderson, IN. OTAs are done, and players and coaches are encouraged, at this time, to get away from football for some needed R&R before the long grind of the NFL regular season begins.
However, for us there really is no off-season. I'm enjoying watching things like World Cup futbol, but for the obsessive-minded football fan that I am, all I want to read and talk about is NFL, NFL, and more NFL.
Hell, I'm so desperate for football, I checked the CFL's website and noticed that their pre-season is wrapping up soon. Regular season games start July 1st, when the Montreal Alouettes begin their quest to defend their Grey Cup against the Saskatchewan Rough Riders, the team they beat in the championship in Calgary last year. Interesting connections between these two teams and the Colts: Bill Polian used to work for the Alouettes while former Colts running back Kenton Keith was a premiere tailback for the Rough Riders a few years back.
Personally, I'm an Alouettes fan. Montreal is a cool town.
FROM THE SADDLE
Official Team News
- John Oehser (Colts.com) takes a look at the defensive tackles.
- An interview with Colts rookie Jerry Hughes
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES
Positive and Negative Analysis
- John Oehser (Indy Football Report) like where the Colts are on defense
- Nat Dunleavy (18to88) provides you with 18 reasons to buy his book
- Brett Mock (Coltszilla.com) pits John Chick v. Ervin Baldwin
- Pro Football Weekly gives us a quick update on Anthony Gonzalez's injury
OUTSIDE THE STABLE
Around the League
- Music City Miracles informs us that the Titans and Cardinals will practice together on August 23rd
- Big Cat Country's new writer, Alfie Crow, talks about the Jaguars and the tight end position
- SB Nation Houston looks over the Texans running backs
Blazing Saddles video clip of the day: