I'm very excited. For the first time, I get to attend Training Camp this year in Anderson, and I can't wait. I've watched some Notre Dame Camp practices before, but this is going to be a brand new experience. I'll have my notebook ready, taking notes, definitely some pictures, and maybe a little video (if I'm allowed). As the only Stampede Blue Writer attending, I get the privilege of keeping you as up to date as I can, and trying to score some interviews. My question to all of you is, what do you want to see/read/know? I have a list of things I have in mind to start:
- Who is catching passes from Peyton Manning? How does Anthony Gonzalez look on the repaired knee? Is there a rookie holding his own with the league's best receiving core?
- (Assuming he signs soon) Just how fast is Jerry Hughes? Can he get to #18 with any regularity (without him actually hitting Manning, obviously)? Can he stop the run "on the way to the QB"?
- What does the OL look like? Is Jacques McClendon getting snaps with the first unit? Can Tony Ugoh play up to his talent level?
- Who are the kick and punt returners, and how do they look? This was my biggest point of contention at the end of last season, as the Colts have been terrible with Field Position. The Colts drafted Ray Fisher, and signed Brandon James to help just this. They better be good.
- Is Bob Sanders actually practicing? And if not, is it because he's still injured?
I won't have an actual press credential (I tried), but I'm going to do my best to throw the website out there and ask for interviews. I'm really going to try for QB Coach Frank Reich, as I want to know what it was like to play behind QB Bills.
I'm going to be there Wednesday (both practices), Thursday, and Friday morning. I'll have a Cubs hat on, and please feel free to come up and introduce yourself to me. I'll have an article up after each practice (Friday's may be a little later in the evening, as I have to fly back home) detailing what I saw. I do have a twitter account, but unless they have a wireless network on site, I won't be able to use it in real time. I apologize for being stuck in 2007.