Matt "mgrex03" Grecco was on a plane back to Colorado when the Colts were holding their afternoon practice today, which was in full pads. This morning's practice was more of a walk through.
Interesting note: A week after BEING A TURNCOAT and doing some special coaching for the Saints, former-offensive line coach Howard Mudd was at morning walk through in Anderson today. Peyton Manning said it was a bit of a thrill to see the grouchy old coach.
I knew Howard was coming yesterday and I think players enjoyed seeing him. We had a retirement party for Howard back in April with the linemen and a lot of ex-offensive linemen who have played here through the years and me and Dallas (Clark.) So we had a nice tribute to Howard and it all went really well. I think he really enjoyed it.
- As reported earlier, Charlie Johnson and Andy Alleman were carted off the practice field with either foot or knee injuries. No word yet on the severity of the injuries.
- Jim Caldwell said he would address the media on injuries tomorrow after after the team's morning practice.
- On a lighter note, punter Pat McAfee lined up at wideout on one play.
- Colts focused on goal-line offense.
- Curtis Painter hit Jacob Tamme on a nice TD pass. Tamme tumbled into the spectators near the field.
[UPDATE]: Pictures below courtesy of Coltsdude1000: