GB is fined for questionable illegal blind side hit. Why is the NFL so inconsistent in calling penalties and assessing fines?
1. Gonzo is drilled out of bounds 3-4 yds and driven into the ground - no penalty or fine. IR
2. Addai is hit h-t-h and while being tackled by one guy another levels his shoulder into his neck and helmet. Question should that be considered a defenseless player. No penaty or fine. Addai out significant period of time.
3. Clark is driven into the ground after an incompletion. No penalty or fine. IR
4. Collie is hit h-t-h. Penalty - no fine. NFL determined the other defender caused the h-t-h. Collie is intentionally hit in the head at least twice by Merriweather. No penalty or fine. Collie is hit by a forearm in the helmet. No penalty or fine. Missed many games than IR.
5. Mike Newton is blindsided, probably not by definition on fake punt return by JAX. No penalty or fine.
So the question is why does the NFL and Refs do nothing on 1-5 above and then fine and penalize GB. I'm not against good football hits, but when guys are knocked out for the season or for significant periods of times for cheap shots, then penalties, fines and suspensions are warranted.
Please explain NFL - NOT FAIR LEAGUE