.5 I know there are going to be a hundred of these posts. Maybe I'm the first? :/
1. I was right... mostly.
2. Peyton Manning is not happy with his coaching staff.
3. That was the worst use of a timeout I've ever seen. When Caldwell misused his timeouts during the regular season, I didn't think it was a big deal. He's a new(er) head coach in the NFL he made a mistake, he'll take this lesson and grow as a coach.. Nope. Instead of letting the Jets run the ball one more time, and kick a 45-50 yarder he uses our last time out to give the Jets an opportunity to take a chance throwing the ball downfield against our awful secondary. I'm not saying he would have missed the 40-50 yarder but I can hit a 32 yarder (granted with no snap or rush, or any people around at all) and I coach gymnastics for a living.
4. Our secondary was awful... but we do have ten. 10. TEN. 9+1. 2x5. 20/2. DB's on IR. We dont need depth at DB we need to avoid the plague.
5. Bob Sanders should be cut, as much as I love Bob his $$ does not equal his one good half of football a year he can play.
6. Jim Caldwell should be fired.
7. The next several numbers will be dedicated to why I believe Jim Caldwell should be fired.
8. caldwell has to believe that using TO's like he does, could cause turnovers late in the game. Its a nice theory. And if it had worked... ever I would be much more willing to look past the obvious stupidity that this this line of thought. Bottom line giving the other team more time when the game is on the line is stupid.
9. The running into the kicker penalty was as much the fault of the coaching staff as it was Taj Smith. There should have been no rush on the punter. Why would you not simply stay in and block? What does rushing the punter there accomplish? How often are kicks blocked for $200... UM..... almost never. ding ding ding. We have Peyton Manning, he can drive 70 yards in 3 minutes.
10. Jim Caldwell ultimately controls special teams play calls. Our special teams coach needs to be fired as well. Our ST play has been abysmal
11. Jim Caldwell was a head coach before coaching the Colts. He coached Wake Forrest to a record of 26-63. I dont know that he knows how to win.
12. Jim Caldwell will most likely not be fired.
13. I actually really like Caldwell. I just dont think he's a head coach.
14. Jeff Linkenbach can be our full time starting RT. I didn't watch Link the entire game so I could have missed a few big screw-ups by ole Jeffy but the times I thought to watch him he was making better plays than Deim made all year.
15. We need to improve our DT play. I understand our defensive philosophy, but we dont have a Warren Sapp and he's not giving up his NFL Network job to make a comeback. We are moved off the ball consistently and it needs to change. I thought overall our LB's flowed well when our DT's weren't in their laps.
16. Our offense is fine with the exception of the offensive line.
17. I want Peyton Manning to do two things this offseason. Demand the coaching changes he wants before he signs. And then I want him to take every last dime he can get from the Colts organization.
18. All things considered, with the exception of the playoff game, this season was amazing. We lost amazingly vital parts of both our offense and defense and we found a way to win our division. And the entire reason we were able to do that was number 18. He put the entire team on his back, coaches and all. He found a way to make an undrafted rookie FA and a guy that had caught 6 passes in his two year career look like average to better than average players. He pulled out wins by making calls that no other QB would have been able to make.
I'm not calling for Jim Caldwell's head because I'm angry over the loss. I mean I'm angry but its the way he lost this game. I feel like its cliche around here but I honestly believe that with Peyton behind center we have a chance to win every game we play and Caldwell lost this game. When Mike Vanderjagt lost us a game, we upgraded and I promise there are a dozen other mediocre head coaches that would have won that playoff game tonight. A player like Peyton comes around once every twenty years or so and we happen to have him, coaches like caldwell come around every year, that why I want Peyton to demand what he wants in way of coaching changes.