Ok. We suck this year. Unfortunately for those of you who want the Polians gone, it isn't gonna happen. Here's why:
The Colts are set up for such a rebound next year that my living room recliner could win Executive of the Year.
Many of the decisions are simply going to be made by default like Manning's health: either he can play or he is done. There's simply no room for a human being to screw the decision up...
At this point, the situation is this:
- The current GOAT will be back. If he's not, you get 30% of your salary cap back.
- The next anointed great QB will be on the sidelines.
- Enough big contracts are up that there will be cap space anyway.
- You cannot do worse than this year, period.
- The Coach is the scapegoat and the actual, real goat at the same time. How could a team with Wayne, Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday, Bethea, Joe Addai, and Freeney and Mathi be this bad? Hmm... must be the coaching...
- Winning more games
- Drafting Luck.
- Making the "Manning Decision"
- Setting up the next coaching staff for success with all the great players...