Jim Caldwell wants you to be careful... and was the 'perfect hire'... Curtis Painter is terrible enough to consider 'no boundaries' Dan Orlovsky... and Eli(te) Manning is encouraged for his brother...
FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
- Jim Caldwell says to 'be careful of the person that wants to change everything, and the person that wants to change nothing.' Wait a second...
- Colts.com sits down with the legendary Tom Moore, who believes Caldwell was the 'perfect hire'.
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
- Coltsider continues its series that focuses on analyzing Colts drafts of the past.
- 18to88 knows Orlovsky certainly isn't the answer, but he can't be any worse than Painter. He also dismisses the notion that Painter should still be considered a 'rookie'.
- Coltzilla believes the Colts will likely spend another top draft choice to solidify a transitioning offensive line.
- PFT: 'No, Peyton Manning will not be the next head coach at Ole Miss'.
- Phil Wilson gives us some desperately needed optimism, noting that the Colts have won six in a row after the bye.
- Eli Manning is 'very encouraged' by the progress of Peyton Manning's rehab.
- Pat McAfee has no plans to do a reenactment of his Broad Ripple swan dive during the bye.
- Bob Kravitz wants Colts fans to smile and take comfort in drafting Andrew Luck.
- Paul Kuharsky reminds us that the Colts are really, really bad. I mean, really bad.
APPLE PIE (SB Nation goodies)
- SB Nation sticks Jim Caldwell atop their hot seat.
- Andrew Luck's struggles against Oregon have reconfigured the Heisman race.
With the bye week upon us, how will you be spending your Sunday without the privilege of enjoying another Colts disaster? I'll be drowning my sorrows in more football, Dexter, and a whole lot of Boardwalk Empire.