Reggie Wayne is like a fine wine, or something... Andrew Luck "shouldn't have to wait" for Manning... Bill Belichick is going to embarrass Bill Polian... and your Colts suck so bad, you're not allowed to watch them...
FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
- Reggie Wayne "answered the bell" on Sunday, but says the Colts are 'inconsistent'. Understatement of the year, Reg.
- Fili Moala: "It’s all about winning here. That’s the way it’s always been. That’s the way it’s always been everywhere I’ve been, and that’s especially true here. There is no such thing as moral victories."
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
- 18to88 "just wanted to see the boys in blue win" versus the Panthers.
- Bob Kravitz reiterates that Andrew Luck "shouldn't have to wait" for Manning to seek more rings. If he's drafted by the Colts, the Peyton Manning-era in Indy should come to an end.
- Paul Kuharsky believes Bill Belichick will not hesitate to thrash the Colts come Sunday. Can they embarrass us more than the Saints? Probably.
- If you tuned in to watch the Colts on Sunday but saw "Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course" instead, this is why.
- Mike Florio believes the decision to not air the Colts-Panthers via Indy's local FOX affiliate, ultimately "did a disservice to the bulk of the Indiana-based audience."
- Yahoo! Sports reminds us about the disdain that the Bills (Polian and Belichick) share for each other.
- Mike Chappell says releasing Manning would not be "classless", but simply a business decision.
- According to Bill Polian, Manning retiring is not even on the "radar screen" at the moment.
- Even Peter King took note of the standout play from newcomer Ryan Mahaffey versus the Panthers.
APPLE PIE (SB Nation goodies)
- In case you missed Marshall Manning upstaging his paps during a recent interview, SB Nation lends their take on the classic moment.
- With the BCS computer exploding from week to week, SB Nation writes that a return of the Big Four bowl games should return to decide who should compete for the BCS title.