Jeff Saturday is classy, unless you're a mommy lovin' blogger... The Colts have lost 13 games in four years, prior to '11... Is Eli Manning the new golden Manning?... and Andrew Luck is better than RG3, or so I've been told...
FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
- Jeff Saturday hasn't forgot about the fans. "Our fans are as good as they get."
- After going 10-of-15 on third down v. the Patriots, the Colts converted only 2-of-14 v. the Ravens. Ouch.
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
- Joe Lefeged had a nice outing v. the Ravens and T.J. Yates was almost a Colt. Same goes for Andy Dalton. Maybe BP just likes saying "I almost drafted him" about random guys who are doing well.
- "The Colts are terrible. They are pathetic and one of the worst teams in NFL history, including some of those from Cincinnati." The Baltimore Sun didn't waste any time getting their shots in after Sunday's game.
- Add Tim Dahlberg of the AP to the list of people who believe the Colts should cut ties with Peyton Manning.
- With Eli Manning become Eli(te), Peter King would take the Giants quarterback over his older brother in clutch situations.
- Clark Judge of CBSSports isn't buying into the RG3 > Luck for #1 pick hype.
- The family business is in good hands with Eli Manning, write Michael Silver. With plenty of good years left in his cleats, will people begin to speculate that Eli was actually the better Manning brother?
APPLE PIE (SB Nation goodies)
- When it comes to the fun of NFL Power Rankings, the Colts should obviously be at the bottom of the list. They are also the "worst team in the league and it's not even close." I think we all agree on this.
Any of you watch Boardwalk Empire? If you do, you know that the second season is officially in the books and what an amazing season it was. If you haven't watched the second season, I probably just spoiled it for you. Eh, you'll get over it.
I still can't believe my favorite character is gone though...
Nucky, you're finished!