FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
- The Texans were 1-for-10 on third down last night, with the lone conversion coming on a lucky grab which bounced off the back of a Colt defender. I know it was against T.J. Yates, but I think we might have found our man in Mike Murphy.
- "Reg-gie! Reg-gie!" The Colts legend served up a night that we will never forget, which also could be his last in a Colts uniform at the Luke.
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
- Jim Irsay made it quite clear on Thursday night: If Peyton Manning is healthy, he will remain an Indianapolis Colt.
- Reggie Wayne delivered some great quotes in his interview with the NFL Network crew, following his huge game. On life without Peyton Manning: "It was pretty rough. On top of that, we had Kerry Collins, who really couldn't get the play out in time." Zing!
- Bob Kravitz doesn't seem to be taking the Colts latest victory too well. Surprised? I didn't think so.
- A finish to remember, writes Phil Wilson.
- "That's as much of a team victory as you're going to get," said Robert Mathis after the Colts' second victory. "Proud of everybody."
- Even before the stunning victory on Thursday night, Don Banks gave the Colts some love in the form of NFL power rankings.
- The Texans remain winless at the Luke, losing in all ten match-ups.
- Mike Freeman believes Tony Dungy is finished coaching. Forever.
APPLE PIE (SB Nation goodies)
- With Matt Barkley announcing that he will stay at USC, what kind of impact will his decision have on the 2012 NFL draft?
I have never seen Peyton Manning look happier than he did in Colts locker room tonight. Didn't know God even made smiles that big.