FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
- Antoine Bethea and the Colts will be aiming to end the season on a good note. But first, they must contain Maurice Jones-Drew.
- Reggie Wayne helped Dan Orlovsky prove his worth on Thursday v. the Texans. "Throw left."
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
- Since Brad was unable to tweet the Bill Polian show last night, here is the transcript for the first part of the program.
- Pat Angerer has surpassed all expectations this season while filling in for Gary Brackett. His reward? Second in Pro Bowl fan voting for linebackers in the AFC. Send this man to Honolulu!
- Jim Caldwell: "My job is to win ballgames, plain and simple."
Reggie Wayne's stock is on the rise and the Texans' is free falling
- Nate Dunleavy isn't calling for Bill Polian's job, but if he were, here are some points to help make such a case.
- I mentioned last week that if you think the Colts are still "tanking" it, you're an idiot. Paul Kuharsky doesn't think you're an idiot; just plain nuts.
- Peter King names Dan Orlovsky as one of his "Offensive Players of the Week".
- The New York Times believes the Colts latest win was a "catastrophe for Colts fans." Did I really just link the NY Times?
APPLE PIE (SB Nation goodies)
- If you love NFL Power Rankings, look no further. The Colts have unanimously made it out of the rankings dump.
If you missed the Saints post-game locker room address, check it out here. I think Sean Payton said it best, regarding Brees' new record. Dan Marino was a "bad ass player", but another bad ass player broke his record last night.
Peyton Manning might be one of the classiest players to ever grace the game, but Drew Brees is certainly giving him a run for his money. Yes, the Saints kicked our ass in Super Bowl XLIV, but the record really couldn't belong to a more well-deserving player. You at least have to appreciate and respect the way this guy plays the game.
Congrats, #9. You will be in Canton someday, right alongside the best of 'em.
And sorry, Dolphins fans.