Sorry for the WOT
Most of the fans that are here are Peyton converts. Following the greatness and fell in love with the ambiance. I cant blame you, I find myself day-dreaming throwing the pigskin with the future hall-of-fame QB myself, I mean he has ushered in a new era to the position.
What some of the older fans may remember is a guy by the name of Jeff George. Yea you remember him, First Pick overall by the Colts in 1990. Well for those of you that don't know the story, the short is we paid him a lot of money to play four seasons as he was a dick to our fans and coaches ;wiki "Jeff George".
Now look at this List of First Round QB's from 1992 - 2001 and a well written Fan-Post from user PeytonTheManning. I know there are a lot of fans that fully believe that Luck or RGIII are the next franchise quarterbacks. Some of these fans can't fathom why you wouldn't take a guy like that if he is there. I'm not saying that Luck or RGIII will bust but they do carry a huge risk to reward ratio.
Peyton Manning is going to be a colt next year if he doesn't hang up his cleats. We have all watched the debacle this season has been without PM under center, and perhaps had the first true glimpse of what our team is without the sheriff. We have obvious depth issues, a huge free agency year, and no money to spend. Is signing a Top Teir QB when you have Peyton on the roster the best decision for the franchise. And is putting that top QB behind PM for years or on a team that is flat dismal the right decision.
Look at our fans now, PM has been gone one season to his first real injury and we are calling for a new gunner at the helm. Now put RGIII on a team with no Wayne and maybe no Saturday he wouldn't last half way through the season because he never had a chance. Yea he might pull a Cam Newton but even Cam wouldn't be as impressive without Steve Smith. Now RGIII is a better athlete then Luck and can move the ball with his feet where I think Luck can just extend the play much like a Rogers or Brees.
Now for my time to Monday Morning Owner.
1. Free Agency signing at a minimum. Cut all the costs you can they have been here for years and haven't panned out if they ain't cheap and worth a spot at game time let them go. "Saturday, Wayne, Mathis, maybe even Diem I would let go."( And that hurt to say )
2. Draft with o-line and a defense focus. No picks for WR or QB we need depth and defense not flash.
3. Franchise or Sign Dan-O short term. He is a great number two and has always been a good journey man which also knows the Texans and how they operate.
4. Go get Jeff Fisher for the Head Coach job. We need a real guy in here not a puppet.
5. Fire Polian!! Our lack of quality players and terrible draft picks starts with him and his decisions across the board. Let the guy go.
Let me have it Colts Fans!!!