For the third year in a row, we here at Stampede Blue are bringing you a Super Bowl Prop Bet Contest, just to give you a little added incentive to watch the game, and another chance at gambling bragging rights. Now, you wouldn't catch me actually putting any real money on any of these things, but it's fun to put fake money on them. Here's how it works:
- There are 20 different bets, and you are given $100 for each bet. There is no way (in Google Docs at least) to actually put how much you want to bet for each one, so to make it easy, it is $100 each. One of these years I'll figure out how to put an actual dollar amount on each one, but for now, this is the way it'll work.
- You are not required to make a bet on each one. If you don't bet, you'll just keep your $100 for that one.
- A 4/1 bet would pay out as $500, as you'll get your original $100 back, as well as the $400 you earned from the bet. A 10/1 bet would pay out $1100.
- If you see something like (-150) next to the bet, that means you'd have to bet $150 to win $100, so the payout would be: original bet ($100) + 100/150 ~ $66.67 = $166.67.
- If you see something like (+150) next to the bet, that means you'd win $150 on a $100 bet. The payout for this would be: original bet ($100) + $150 = $250.
Let me know if you have any further questions. Contest ends at 6:00 ET Sunday, as I'm not positive when the coin toss will be exactly. I'm really disappointed the line for the team winning the Coin Toss wasn't favored one way or another, seeing the recent history of it (the NFC has won the toss 14 straight years).