It's a great day for those guys that play in the trenches. From picks 13 through 25, 12 of those 13 picks were either offensive or defensive lineman. The lone outlier was Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara, who was projected as a possible top 10 pick, fell all the way to pick number 19, where the Giants snatched him up in a huge steal.
There was only one trade to speak of, and it was the Browns moving up to pick number 21 to select DT Phil Taylor of Baylor, who will anchor their 3-4 Defensive line going forward. They traded with the Chiefs, who moved down to pick 27, which got that pick from the Falcons earlier tonight.
The Eagles selected Baylor G/T Danny Watkins at pick 23, and at 26 years old he becomes the oldest first round pick since 1980. The Seahawks selected OT James Carpenter from Alabama, passing over several other OT that most experts had rated higher than him, including Wisconsin's Gabe Carimi and Mississippi St.'s Derek Sherrod.
Picks 18 - 25 after the jump:
- 18. San Diego Chargers: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
- 19. New York Giants: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
- 20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
- 21. Cleveland Browns (from Chiefs): Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
- 22. Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
- 23. Philadelphia Eagles: Danny Watkins, OT/OG, Baylor
- 24. New Orleans Saints: Cameron Jordan, DE, California
- 25. Seattle Seahawks: James Carpenter, OT, Alabama