We're still waiting for the Eighth Circuit to rule on the stay. It's not even a farce anymore. I honestly don't think these idiots on the judge's panel care. Implementing an 'emergency' stay that one of their own members said lacked precedent, and then taking their sweet time to rule on this supposed 'temporary' stay.
It's things like this that get me angry at this whole lockout lunacy. Mike Florio at PFT tried to assess fan anger late last week. Mike Silver at Yahoo! Sports also chimed in:
"Why aren’t fans absolutely revolting now?. . . If you’re a fan, how can you not be mad? And how can you tell me your anger is equal or more toward the players if you’re really thinking it through?" Silver said. "You’ve gotta be mad at the owners, and you absolutely should be voicing it in a way that puts pressure on them to get these people back in the workplace."
I personally am mad at the owners, and I blame them 80% of this mess. But, that's me. How do you feel? While you're thinking on that, here are the links:
FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
- a great article on Player Personnel Director Tom Telesco
- The Heavyweights (5/13/11), featuring Will Wolford.
- Chris Rucker can probably play safety.
- A former cheerleader sues the Colts, saying the Colts treated Caucasian cheerleaders differently than minority cheerleaders. Yeah, that suit could get uglier than the lockout.
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
- SB Nation Indiana asks if there is no NFL in the Fall, will college football rule?
- Paul Kuharsky got called to Bristol. That's not a good thing. Bristol kinda sucks.
- Stampede Blue reader Ben Savage looks at the Colts and free agency (in case you missed this in the FanPosts).
- National Football Post tells us that Colts first round pick Anthony Castonzo wears a size 18 and size 17 shoe.
- Windy City Gridrion's Lester Whitfong also blogs at We Got This Covered, and over there he said the Colts did quite well with their 2011 NFL draft haul.
HORSE APPLES (stuff from around SB Nation)
- Bleeding Green Nation reports that NBA is 'optimistic' there will be football in the Fall.
- Gang Green Nation posts NFL.com's experts ranking and fans ranking for all 32 teams. The fans think higher of the Colts than the experts.
- SB Nation's Jon Bois wrote a piece about something we've known for five years: The one man backfield is dead.