So, the lockout is now permanent until the Eighth Circuit lifts it with a favorable ruling on the legal merits (unlikely) or a new CBA is negotiated soon (also unlikely). Now, we just sit and wait. All this silliness makes you wonder why anyone gives a crap about this at all. For me, I hold out hope that owners like Jim Irsay will win over a few more rational allies and we can have our 'cocktail napkins' moment.
Until then, here are the links:
FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
- The Colts suck because you diss the whole concept of "Team" – or even "Gang".
- Colts.com's Tom Reitman looks back at the 1984 season.
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
- Bob Kravitz at the Indy Star asks why the Colts players lockout workouts are so secretive.
- Paul Kuharsky seconds what Kravitz said.
- Kuharsky also thinks Brody Eldridge will make a 'sophomore leap' in 2011.
- 18to88 called the Eighth Circuit court's ruling to grant the stay a 'dark day for fans.'
- Coltzilla hasn't been updated in over a week. Don't know what's going on over there.
HORSE APPLES (stuff from around SB Nation)
- SB Nations reports that former Colts back-up quarterback Jared Lorenzen is playing football for the Northern Kentucky River Monsters of the Ultimate Indoor Football League. If you see what Lorenzen looks like these days, you might think he's the team mascot as well.
- Big Cat Country editor Alfie Crow kindly asks his community to stop comparing Blaine Gabbert to Aaron Rodgers.
- Pats Pulpit editor Greg Knopping does his Patriots rookie projections.
- Big Blue View thinks the Giants will target rookie free agent and former Notre Dame defensive tackle Ian Williams when the lockout ends.