It's day 74 of the longest work stoppage in NFL history. Here are the links:
FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
- Tom Moore is indeed gone from the Colts
- Colts.com has 'The Heavyweights' from Friday, May 20th posted. They mostly talk about the Indy 500. Heck, even when football isn't lockout out, these guys talk racing in late May.
- Jim Irsay on Twitter asks if Rohn Stark, Eugene Daniel, or Ray Donaldson belong in the Ring of Honor. Answer: We don't care. End the lockout, already.
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
The Indy Star caught up with Jim Irsay, and Irsay told them the lockout must end by July 4th, or we'll be screwed.
- CBS Sports Clark Judge essentially tells us that Chris Polian is running the Colts football operations now, not Bill.
- The Boston Herald reports that Peyton Manning attended a Brockton Junior Boxers Pop Warner program on Friday of last week. It was though his weplay.com work, and it was closed to the media.
- The Indy Star also reports that the 2011 Black Expo will honor Colts linebacker Gary Brackett.
CBS Sports Mike Freeman says Peyton is avoiding all media because he doesn't want to hurt his image, which (according to Freeman) is more important to Peyton than the lockout.
- Yahoo! Sports writer Michael Silver thinks the players still have leverage advantage over owners.
- The NFL owners will hold their Spring meeting in Indianapolis today.
- Coltzilla finally has a new article after ten days of nothing. It's about who will likely be cut from the Colts roster once the lockout is lifted.
HORSE APPLES (stuff from around SB Nation)