Articles of this kind pull together notes and observations from Colts beat writers, bloggers, and fans who attend camp and watch practices. If you are at camp and have access to Twitter, tweet us what you see @stampedeblue.
Notes from Aug. 1st, 3:30 p.m. practice:
- All recently signed players, like Joseph Addai, Antonio Johnson, and others cannot participate in camp practices until Thursday. It's a league rule, per new CBA.
- Obviously, Peyton Manning did not practice. Curtis Painter took the rep with the No. 1 unit.
- Reggie Wayne was asked about Painter and replied that he was excited to work with him some during camp. Reggie calls himself a 'Painter fan.' Said Painter has taken some shots from the media.
- Starting corners on defense were Jerraud Powers and Jacob Lacey.
- Starting linebackers were Kavell Conner, Gary Brackett, and Pat Angerer.
Blair White starts camp on the PUP list with a back ailment
- Guess who else started camp injured? Kevin Thomas.
- Others players listed as injured are Brody Eldridge (knee) and Fili Moala (foot).
- Phil Wilson of the Indy Star was impressed with rookie defensive tackle Drake Nevis. Said Nevis has great burst.
Practice for today (Aug. 2nd) is as scheduled:
Tuesday, August 2: 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. (a.m. practice is special teams only)
If you are at camp and have access to Twitter, tweet us what you see @stampedeblue.
XFINITY from Comcast is a proud support of . With XFINITY, you’ll get your Indianapolis Colts games as part of over 120 NFL games XFINITY provides in HD, as well as On Demand game recaps from every NFL game every week, lightning fast Internet speeds, and stunning HD. With NFL RedZone on XFINITY, you can see every touchdown from every NFL game, every Sunday afternoon for less than $8 per month! Call 1-800-XFINITY or visit