FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
- The Colts 2012 schedule is ready to go! I'm already pumped!
- Peyton Manning "thinks he can co-exist with any player he's ever played with."
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
- If you hadn't heard, Coltsider, 18to88, and Coltzilla are now one collective blog. Congratulations and we wish you the best of luck over at Colts Authority.
- With "Black Monday" upon us, the Colts faithful could witness another a house-cleaning that would rival the days that followed the conclusion of the 1997 season. I don't know whether I should be happy or sad...
- After Sunday's season finale in Jacksonville, Peyton Manning fielded some important questions.
- weighed the importance of a loss in Jacksonville
- The Colts' attempt to "tackle" any Jaguars ball carrier on Sunday were about as successful as Katy Perry's marriage.
- The Jaguars couldn't have cared less about the meaning of a loss for the Colts. NFL teams play to win. Period.
- With a reported late night rendevouz between Jim Irsay, Jim Caldwell, and the Polians, big changes can be expected today, according to Phil Wilson.
- "He's a team guy, he's a true professional and I wouldn't expect anything less of him," said Jeff Saturday of Manning's season, which was reduced to that of cheerleader.
APPLE PIE (SB Nation goodies)
- The season may be over for our beloved Colts, but there is still some football excitement to be shared in the playoffs. Congratulations to all of the team who clawed and scratched for their spot!
There's not much left to say, friends. This season was terribly painful and will always serves as a reminder of how quickly you can fall from glory. Not only that, but we have most likely watched some of our all-time favorite Colts take the field, in whatever capacity, for the very last time. Not easy to think about, is it?
Hopefully for the team, the fans, and the city, our turnaround period is simply a single off-season. Uncertainty is the primary adjective to describe the upcoming months, but whatever happens, I sincerely hope it will be for the best. I'm counting on Jim Irsay to make the right decisions for this ball club.
All we can do is hope for the best.
Happy New Year!