The Colts today announced a bunch of roster moves, which include G Seth Olsen being placed on IR with designation to return. Here's what the Colts did:
- Signed former Eagle DT Anthony Dixon, who has played 35 career games and has 3 sacks. This looks to be a move for the injured Martin Tevaseu, as he's the only other NT behind Antonio Johnson. Probably means Tevaseu's injury is a multiple-week one.
- Promoted LB Jerry Brown and DE Clifton Geathers from the Practice Squad.
- Signed LB D.J. Bryant, CB Isaiah Green, FB Robert Hughes to go with TE Dominique Jones on the Practice Squad. Hughes is a beast of a RB that ran all over the Southern Cal defense a couple years ago, giving Notre Dame their first win against them in 8 seasons.
- Waived CB Justin King, who came to the Colts in the offseason from the Rams. Well, that didn't work out so well, but it's a sign the Colts have better players.
- Released RB Alvester Alexander from the Practice Squad, and LB Mario Addison was signed off the Practice Squad by the Redskins.
It's clear that the Colts Front Office isn't afraid to try and make this team better, even after a signature win.