If i could be GM, here is what i would do based on our results this season. A quick recap....We need O line help, we need to get after QB (freeney is gone...need rush OLB), need a strong safety.
You might say...we need d line help. I don't think so. I think josh chapman will be a stud, we have some good d ends (redding, nevis, moala). You might say we need CB help....don't think we are bad at CB, just need to get after QB better.
Here is the plan...We need to sign all the players we currently have that don't suck, we have a lot of cap room to do that and make some moves....Also, we need rush OLB...which is a very expensive position if you go after it in FA.
1) sign RT Sebastian Vollmer to 5 year deal. Pats probably won't pay him. Gives us 2 bookend tackles. We can move ijialana to guard if he's healthy, his natural position. This move essentially gives us and extra guard.
2) sign a decent OG...not sure who....
3) sign SS Kenny phillips or other safety
4) draft stud rush OLB in 1st round to replace freeney
5) draft backup G/C in 3rd round