Day Three of the 2012 NFL Scouting Combine showcased the big headliners: Quarterbacks Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. The consensus is Luck will be the first overall choice of in 2012, and he will go to the Indianapolis Colts. Luck spoke to the press today, and our own writers Matt Grecco and Stew Blake were on hand to cover it.
Luck: I modeled myself after Manning. He was my football hero.— Matt Grecco (@mgrex03) February 24, 2012
For highlights after the jump:
- He said he didn't talk to Peyton Manning much during the 2011 season.
- Called his extra year at Stanford very beneficial.
- Said he is OK playing behind Manning next year if Manning stays.
- Luck confirmed that he spoke with Colts QB coach Clyde Christensen last night.
- Luck said he's talked to John Elway some over the years.
- Luck said he is also familiar with the legacy of 'Captain Comeback,' the nickname given to his former coach at Stanford who was also once a quarterback for the Colts, Jim Harbaugh.
The following SB Nation writers are at the Combine covering events today and this weekend:
You can listen to the audio of the media presser here.