According to Adam Schefter, the Colts offered Pierre Garcon a 5-year deal to stay with the team. And according to Schefter, he refused it. My thoughts are that one (or more) of the following is probably true:
1. He doesn't want to play for a team that is not going anywhere for the next year or two.
2. He fancies himself a top talent, and wants to be paid like one--as in #1 receiver type money. And the Colts didn't offer what he thinks is that type of money.
3. He wants to test the free-agency waters and see what's out there before agreeing to come back to the Colts (if at all).
4. He's waiting to find out what's happening with Manning before he commits.
5. He is upset with Irsay because of the wholesale change in Indy and just plain wants out of there, regardless of the money.
368 votes total
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of Stampede Blue's writers or editors. It does reflect the views of this particular fan though, which is as important as the views of Stampede Blue's writers or editors.