Colts cut their whole team...
FROM THE SADDLE (official team news)
GREEN APPLES AND ROAD APPLES (media analysis)
- Manning and the Titans could be a potent combination. This is Mike Munchak's "big moment."
- Brandon Stokley claims Manning is throwing as he did, six years ago.
- A.J. Smith tells the media to "call Archie" when inquiring about Peyton. Stay classy and Super Bowl-less, buddy.
- Texans claim they never inquired about meeting with Manning and "remain committed to Matt Schaub." Sure.
- How I read this: Stephen Ross wanted to buy Manning a unicorn to play for Miami, but Manning declined.
- "It's going to be a tough season," writes Phil Richards. Understatement of the year.
- Phil Wilson's tribute to Gary Brackett.
- If Manning joins the Broncos, what's next for Tim Tebow? Jacksonville Jaguars or missionary school?
- Tennessee owner Bud Adams is obsessing over signing Manning. "He's the man I want. Period."
- John Clayton's take on the Colts latest string of cuts.
- Paul Kuharsky: The Titans should go after Dwight Freeney.
APPLE PIE (SB Nation goodies)
- According to Joel Thorman, here's why Manning should pick the Arizona Cardinals.
- With #1 and #2 set in the 2012 NFL Draft, where do the rest stand? Ryan Van Bibber hits us with another mock.
Let's do a little poll. If Manning were to join the Texans (highly unlikely) or the Titans (possible), would this alter your feelings towards the Colts legend? Personally, I really could care less. What he's done for this city is more than enough for me to overlook him playing for a divisional rival/the team that plays in the state where he went to college. It's rather poetic, actually. Forget about Brett Favre and his bonehead antics. We're talking about a class act, through and through. Basically, I'm for whatever gives him the best chance to win and it would be great competition/fun to face him twice a year.
But, that's me.
If Peyton Manning were to join a divisional rival, how would you feel?
It would hurt, but I don't care. He'll always be a legend and a Colt. (127 votes)
Hearing his name would make me cringe. (34 votes)
161 total votes