INDIANAPOLIS, IN - MAY 4: Andrew Luck #12 of the Indianapolis Colts participates during a rookie minicamp at the team facility on May 4, 2012 in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
The first practice of minicamp is done, and the impression many in media are leaving with is this:
Morning walkthrough is over, and to the surprise of pretty much nobody, Andrew Luck was impressive.— George Bremer (@gmbremer) June 12, 2012
- Starting offensive line at camp today was LT Jeff Linkebach, LG Seth Olsen, OC Samson Satele, RG Mike McGlynn, and RT Winston Justice. Please note that LT Anthony Castonzo and OG Ben Ijalana did not practice, as they are nursing injuries.
- Andrew Luck completed completed 15 of 16 pass during 11-on-11 work. The only incompletion was a drop by TE Dwayne Allen.
- Luck's favorite target this morning: Austin Collie. Maybe this is why Collie was glowing after practice when discussing Luck.
- Starting defensive line was DE Fili Moala, NT Antonio Johnson, and DE Cory Redding. Drake Nevis did not practice because his foot was in a boot.
- Kevin Thomas again started at CB opposite Jerraud Powers. However, according to George Bremer, Chuck Pagano made it clear no one should read anything into who is or isn't starting at CB right now.
- I love this tweet:
First-team defensive unit became animated during morning practice when it got first-team offense to jump offsides. RMathis led cheers.— Tom James (@TribStarTJames) June 12, 2012
- TE Dominique Jones saw snaps with the first team as an H-back. It seems Jones (who played in the Indoor Football League last year) took the job many thought Brody Eldridge was best suited for.
- Starting WRs were Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, and Donnie Avery. Avery spent some time in the slot.
- Donald Brown and Delone Carter actually split carries at RB today.
Reggie Wayne arrives at Colts practice, turns to Jerraud Powers, then to the media and says "Everybody's here to see my new quarterback!"— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) June 12, 2012
This morning's practice was not at full speed. The afternoon practice is expected to be faster.