Training camp opens Sunday, but already rookies and second year players are at a pre-training camp camp, getting extra work in as allowed by the Collective Bargaining Agreement. During our chat last night, Phil B of the Indianapolis Star said that fans should not be surprised if tight ends Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen catch 40 balls a piece this year.
But what about the rest of the team? Fleener and Allen are high draft picks, along with some no-name kid named Andrew Luck. They will make the 53-man roster. What about some of the other guys? My last attempt at guessing the 53 was on May 7th. Amazingly, several players from that list are already gone!
Defense after jump...
CB: Jerraud Powers,
P: Pat McAfee
* Indicates rookies
- 15 rookies on the 53-man roster. Kind of WOW!
- Rams fans cheer as I leave off CB Justin King
- A shortage on safety because players like Chris Rucker could switch over, if need be
- I think Cassius Vaughn will beat out Kevin Thomas, but that's just a hunch on my part
- No fullback, even though Ryan Grigson said there would be
- For Joe Reitz fans, I just don't think he makes the team
- There are, at least, ten players on this list who will not be Colts by the beginning of September. Look for Indianapolis to claim several waiver wire guys after cutdowns and, perhaps, make a trade or two for another corner