June 29, 2012; Berea, OH USA: Indianapolis Colts quarterback celebrates after completing a pass to a youngster during the AFC rookie symposium at the Cleveland Browns Training Facility. Mandatory Credit: Eric P. Mull-USPRESSWIRE
When it comes to Fantasy Football, we here at Stampede Blue don't mess around (or, more eloquently put by the Wu-Tang Clan, which is not safe for work). Last season we had a whopping 13 leagues in our community, and I'm just looking for more drafting fun, so I'm prepared to have that many again this year. Also like last year, SB Nation is teaming with Yahoo! for all of its Fantasy Football leagues.
Some of the things we instituted last year were:
- Unified scoring across all leagues, allowing us to compare across leagues for the overall best teams.
- The winners of each league are all going to be competing in the same league (which they've been invited to already). I'm definitely looking forward to this league, as I finished first in League 9.
- Everyone who says they want in, as long as it is before the deadline, will get in a league. Some other SB Nation sites limit it to just a league or two, but as I said earlier I can't get enough. The more leagues the better.
- Multiple draft times and dates, chosen by you, so that we have full drafts. It makes the leagues much better if everyone is at the draft and not allowing the auto-drafter to go for them.
Brad has promised to participate this season, and all the other writers will be in at least one league. All we ask is that if you do sign-up, please stay through the season. Nobody likes playing against a team that isn't being managed. If we see somebody who hasn't logged in after Week 4, I'll take over the team as the Commissioner and at least keep a full roster each week.
Here's the how the process is going to work:
- The easiest way is for you to just leave a comment here in this story. Then just check the email address you signed up for SB Nation with sometime Friday morning, and you'll have an email from me with a list of dates and times of drafts. Then you'll email me back a date and time you'd like to draft (thus confirming your participation), and you're in!
- For those of you who just lurk around, you can directly email me that you're interested in joining, and you'll be included on the same email Friday morning. My only condition is you must be registered on Stampede Blue to participate, and be in good standing (not banned). Just included your user name in the email.
The deadline to sign up is Thursday, August 2 at 11:59pm ET. Anyone after that will be put on a wait list, which we will use, as we did last year. If you want to play, just let me know before that time.
Yahoo! Fantasy Football supports SB Nation and fantasy league families everywhere. In addition to the great drafting, trading, scoring and research that makes it the #1 free fantasy football game, this season also features a brand new mobile app and Pro Leagues, where you can compete for cash! Get ready for kickoff by signing up now!