ANDERSON, IN - JULY 29: Indianapolis Colts players take the field during training camp at Anderson University on July 29, 2012 in Anderson, Indiana. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
The Indianapolis Colts tonight released their first depth chart of this young season. The depth chart in its entirety is listed below, along with some notes and observations.
K: Adam Vinatieri, Pat McAfee
P: Pat McAfee, Brain Stahovich
KR: LaVon Brazill, T.Y. Hilton, Joe Lefeged, Cassius Vaughn, Deji Karim, Mewelde Moore, Tom Zbikowski
PR: LaVon Brazill, T.Y. Hilton, Griff Whalen, Tom Zbikowski
Notes / Observations from the initial depth chart:
- Don't read too much into this depth chart. Only thing this really applies to is this Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams. That's it.
- Jeff Linkenbach still listed over Joe Reitz. I expect that to change soon.
- Second tight end officially listed as an "F", basically meaning a tight end and h-back combined. Interesting. Dwayne Allen listed as first team there.
- LaVon Brazill is listed ahead of T.Y. Hilton and backing up Reggie Wayne.
- Mewelde Moore as the number two running back, and Delone Carter is fourth. I said all along that I thought Carter would be starting sometime this year. Perhaps the coaching staff is not high on him for some reason. Will be interesting to watch going forward.
- Cassius Vaughn listed ahead of Justin King at left cornerback. I expect that to be reversed as well. King is likely behind Vaughn because he has been hurt recently and missed some time.
- LaVon Brazill is listed as the first string kick and punt returner.