Here are my thoughts on the game, I am excited to have football back and excited for the colts this season. That being said, we need to get some things going differently.
1) Dan Dierdorf is an absolutely tool. I hate that guy. I hate listening to his fat ass announcing games. He is totally anti-colts, always has been. You could tell he was totally pissed the colts started off the game winning. At no point did he compliment the colts, he would only say that "the bears started horribly". Or, 6 minutes into the game, he said the bears are "desperate" for a touchdown drive. Really Dan? Or maybe he was desperate. I hate that dude.
2) Our offensive line is a god damn joke. We have other areas of issue, but I think the fact that the bears could dominate our line with a 4 man rush was pathetic. This changed the entire game. Our drives were very short, often 3 and out. This completely gave them momentum and you could see the defense become exasperated that we could not do anything on offense. We had zero ball control...same old story.
3) Andrew Luck - He is going to be a great quarterback, definitely an up and down/mostly down day, but it is hard to judge his performance when he had zero time to throw the ball as a rookie in his first game.
4)Our running game is horrible. We might actually have good RB's but who knows because our line is terrible.
5) Our Defense is not actually too bad. I think we made some really good plays, stood up to the bears for a while, however when the bears have a huge time of possession advantage it is difficult to judge. We certainly started well. Our secondary has talent, our d-line is ok, our lb's are ok...overall not a bad defense, probably average this year.
6) We need to get rid of Freeney somehow...paying way to much for him in this scheme. Not sure of his health.