This is a list of possible FAs and players from the draft I think the Colts should consider. I am by no means saying all of these players will get picked up by the Colts, but that they should strongly consider them.
- Jonathan Dwyer - HB 24 years old - I'm normally not a huge fan of free agency running backs, but in this case we wouldn't be getting a player with a whole lot of mileage on him. I feel he would really fit our new WCO well.
- Ramses Barden - WR 27 years old - I'm definitely not the first person to point this guy out, but I think he would be a nice rotational player, assuming we'll most likely have 2 TEs on the field the majority of the time.
- Andre Smith - RT 26 years old - Excellent run blocking RT with above average pass blocking skills.
- Louis Vasquez - G 25 years old - Another well rounded lineman
- Matt Shaughnessy - DE 26 years old - Big bodied DE I mainly like him because he's younger and should be cheaper.
- Sammie Lee Hill - DT 26 years old - Decent pass rush skills along with above average run defense.
- Connor Barwin - OLB 26 years old - Coming off of a down year, we maybe able to get him for cheap. This is why he's up here instead of the popular Paul Kruger.
- Sam Shields - CB 25 years old - He's going to want to get paid, a lot. In all honesty I don't really like any of the FA options at CB. DRC is talented, but a head case. Sean Smith is talented but isn't consistent. Mike Jenkins would be another option, but yet again he's a guy who's talented but full of himself. I picked Shields basically through process of elimination, and I wanted to address one of our top three needs. He's also an RFA.
- LaRon Landry - S 28 years old - He's definitely got some injury questions, but if we can sign him to a cap friendly deal, I'd be more than happy to see this guy a colt. He would bring a physical play style thats been lacking for a very, very long time.
I'm going to list three possible draft choices for each pick, they will in no way be accurate.
- David Amerson - CB NC State - A very raw, but talented corner. Pagano could very well make this guy great.
- Barret Jones - C/G/OT Alabama - What can you say that hasn't already been said?
- Johnathan Hankins - DT Ohio St - He would have to fall considerably, but he would probably the best value at 24.
- Larry Warford - G Kentucky - Big bodied 6'3" and weighs in at/around 340.
- Trent Murphy - DE/OLB Stanford - 6'6" 261 outstanding defender for one of the country's best defenses.
- Robert Woods - WR USC - A very talented WR who had the misfortune of playing next to the best WR in college foot ball (imo) as well as a foot injury. Has first round talent.
- Cierre Wood - RB ND - A speedy guy, great vision and decent hands from the backfield. He was often in Brian Kelly's dog house, that's something to watch as well.
- William Gholston - DE Michigan St - At 6'7" and 280 lbs he would add some much needed beef to the front of our defense.
- Lonnie Pryor - FB Florida State - Not a massive FB but versatile.
- Dustin Hopkins - K Florida State - He bends it like Beckham, in all seriousness Vinatieri isn't getting any younger.
- Sam Schwartzstein - C Stanford - Continuity pick.
- D.J. Swearinger - S South Carolina - A lot of upside, just like Amerson.
- Zeke Motta - S ND - Run support safety, little to no ball skills. Special Teamer.
- Nathan Williams - DE/OLB Ohio State - Bargrauflstad shembaker tomarfilisteed. Whoa sorry, I fell asleep.
- James Wilson - G Florida - Just another guy.
Let me know what you think!