One of the refreshing things about last year's team was that the arrogance of Bill Polian was absent in Ryan Grigson. For the most part, the best players played. Unlike Polian's Colts that had crappy undrafted FA's or has-beens littering the lineups because he had to show everyone he was the smartest man in the room.
Fast-forward to this year and it seems like the team is back to the same old game.
- Satele and McGlynn are starting at center and guard respectively when it's obvious the oline is better served with McGlynn at center and Link at guard.
- DHB is a disaster to WR - he makes routine grabs an adventure with his stupid jump-catch and his hands make me long for the days of stickum. TY Hilton should be the # 2 behind Reggie.
- It's time to start calling Colby Fleener a bust. His hands are as bad as DHB and he's not a good blocker.
- Kavell Conner should be the # 2 ILB. What he's done to Grigson/Pagano to get himself to put behind Mario Harvey is a complete mystery.
- Pretty much all of Grigson's FA's are either a) injured, b) ineffective, or c) just plain suck.
- Pagano/Hamilton/Grigson's insistence on using a power running game when the don't have the personnel to do it is like trying to cram a square peg into a round hole.
Time to go back to last year: put the game in Luck's hands and play the best players, not the players with the biggest contracts.