We are now in full off-season mode, and I couldn't be more giddy. We all know things are looking up for our beloved Colts, but we must acknowledge that there is a chance, however remote, that and Andrew Luck and co. will not be hoisting the Lombardi trophy come next year. With that dreadful-though-unlikely thought in mind, I turn to our present question: if not the Colts, who do you want to see win the Super Bowl? Feel free to rank a few, but be sure to explain why!
- Chicago Bears: I'm engaged to a Bears fan, so this kind of has to be my top choice. Hopefully it'd get me out of the dog house from 2006.
- Denver Peyton Mannings: I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, everyone would love to see Peyton win his second ring with his second team. He'd be the only starting QB in NFL history to pull that off. On the other hand, I hate Jack Del Rio and John Elway. Ultimately, my love for Peyton knows no bounds. I'll endure John "I look like a horse and also refused to play for the Colts" Elway and Jack "I will always be the coach of the Jaguars" Del Rio getting a ring if it means Peyton solidifies his record as the best QB ever.
- Dallas Cowboys: I'm sick of Romo getting all the crap that he does. He's a tremendous quarterback with a lackluster supporting cast. He gets all of the blame when he throws INTs as a result of, say, Dez Bryant running the wrong route. He's also an awesome guy, apparently. I heard a story about how he was driving one day, noticed a woman stranded with a flat tire, and stopped to change her tire for her. I'd like to see him win a Super Bowl, leave Dallas for a team that would appreciate him, and then win a few more.
- New York Jets: How hilarious would it be for Mark Sanchez to have a Super Bowl MVP performance?
- Houston Texans: They've paid their dues. It's time for Andre Johnson et. al. to win a ring.
There's my top five. What about you guys?