With this period of relative boredom between the SB and the Draft, we're left searching for topics. I know its been covered, but I wanted to try and get a debate going about which players we should re-sign. I won't cover all the UFAs, but I'll cover the big ones.
1) Dwight Freeney and Austin Collie - I know these guys are going, but I think they earn a mention. I think its the right thing for both parties if these guys go - I can see both ending up at Denver (I think they'd like to rejoin Peyton) but with Collies injuries, I feel there is a chance no-one will pick him up.
2) Donnie Avery - I take the side of pretty much every Colts fan here - LET HIM GO! PLEASE! Does he give you speed down field? Yeah. But his hands are way to unreliable for him to be a No. 2 receiver, with a team that I feel can go all the way next year.
3) Darius Butler - Everyone seems kinda torn on this guy. Some guys want him gone, some really want Grigson to re-sign the guy. I really like Butler, I think he was good opposite Vontae last year. Led the team in interceptions and defensive touchdowns. Not bad going. I think they should go after a CB in free agency to play opposite Vontae (Mike Jenkins I hope), but I feel Darius would fit in well in the slot.
4) Pat McAfee - he is a definite re-sign for me. Fan favorite. Leader. Very talented Punter. 100% re-sign. Nothing else really needs to be said.
5) Fili Moala - I'm kinda indifferent on this guy. I feel he could do a job as a back-up, but they pick up someone just as good in free agency. You guys can make up your mind on this guy.
6) Winston Justice - we all agree that last year the OL was fucking terrible. Guys did not perform, but I felt Justice was okay when he was healthy (not often!). Personally, I feel he should be re-signed as a back-up player, for a lower wage, and then they bulk up the OL in the Draft and free agency.
7) Jerraud Powers - this guy has talent, but I worry about his health. He just can't seem to stay healthy for a prolonged period of time. So for Powers, I say re-sign for a lower wage and keep him as a back up.
So, as per normal, comment below, let me know what you think and offer alternate suggestions if you want. Plus, feel free to cover guys that I haven't mentioned (Stanton and Fokou etc...)