I have to say that it was a lot of fun attending the Colts Mini Camp. I came away with a few things from the camp.
1. DHB is much faster than I ever thought. He busted out along the sidelines on one play and kicked in the after-burners. He is possibly the fastest receiver the Colts have ever had. If he has the hands to go along with that speed, then this guy is going to be an incredible receiving threat. That play looked like a man with something to prove. It was like, "Let's see anybody even try to match my kinda speed."
2. I never realized what a beast Cory Redding is. Number 90 just looked awesome on the field. It was especially evident when he was working on plays with all of the rest of the big boys where they had to run through a series of pilons and hit down the pilons. No one was able to hit them with anywhere near the kind of force that Cory did. I always knew he was a great pickup from the Ravens last year. But it wasn't truly evident until you get to see this guy in practice.
3. Hasselbeck is very good at short passes. This works great if the Colts run a West Coast offense and he needs to fill in.
4. Harnish is very accurate. It showed in the numerous passing drills that Harnish was running.
5. Reggie can catch almost anything. He just catches the ball with such ease.
6. LaVon Brazil looked pretty good in a deep pass route. He has some good speed.
7. Whalen quickly stepped into the lineup on one play and went for a deep route with Luck. He bobbled the ball a little and looked like he struggled a little due to the height disadvantage to his defender. But he brought in the pass and pulled off a nice reception. Whalen seems to catch everything thrown at him, but his short height may hurt him some.
8. It looked like they were utilizing Williams a lot on returns and for runs. He looked pretty descent.
9. Thanks to all the players for coming out and signing things for the fans. Werner was especially nice to talk to. I guess in Germany they make their 9's somewhat like pound signs (#).
10. Special thanks to WR Palmer of Elkhart. He came out to say hi to his family afterwards and was the only player I saw signing stuff for the fans after the practice. I wish Palmer the best of luck on making the 53 man roster!