My last 53-man roster guess was just after minicamp. That was roughly six weeks ago. Now that we're on the eve of training camp (ohboyohboyohboyohboy), here's my next stab at who's in and who's not for the 2013 Indianapolis Colts.
Note: This list is going to change, like, A LOT over the next few weeks.
FB: Stanley Havili
P: Pat McAfee
L: Matt Overton
^ First-year player, reserve-military
- Both Donald Brown and Delone Carter are out. Why? Because Stanley Havili can act as both a FB and a RB. He's talented enough to work as both, and I doubt the Colts will keep four RBs and a FB this season. Make little sense, especially considering that Havili can run as can Dan Moore, who likely lands on the practice squad.
- Brandon McKinney is gone. I don't see the Colts holding onto three nose tackles. Last year, they carried only one into the season opener.
- The Colts kept nine offensive linemen after the cutdown last year. They'll do the same this year. If Ijalana is healthy, he'll stay.
- LaVon Brazill is gone. The Colts will have had enough of his idiocy, and both Whalen and Sambrano could outplay him in preseason. If they do keep Brazill, he does not count against the active roster while serving his 4-game suspension.
- I like them keeping Josh McNary because he's a pass rusher and because he should be a good special teams player.
- C.O. Prime impressed during OTAs. He's got a chance to win a spot.
- I like the idea of keeping two rookie corners instead of Josh Gordy or Teddy Williams.
- Of the the 53 players I have listed here, 30 of them were not on the Colts active 53-man roster in September of last year. That is massive turnover, and not much different than the roster flip made from 2011 to 2012.